Contrary to previous rumours, fresh news has emerged suggesting the Roses Heaton Park gigs will actually be the climax of a spring and summer tour that will see them reach America, Europe, UK and finally finishing in Manchester.
If the rumours prove correct, the World Tour is to kick of in North America in May 2012, followed by Europe in June and then onto the UK in late-June.
The series of gigs will climax with the 3 Heaton Park homecoming gigs in Manchester.
If correct, this would leave the Roses free to accept any lucrative festival offers over the summer.
There’s been much speculation regarding Shane Meadows making a film of the Roses comeback, and now a post on shanemeadows.co.uk sheds some light on the story.
Apparently Shane is in discussions to document the Roses return and was actually filming the Stone Roses press conference last week.
Head over to the Shane Meadows website for the full story.
After initially publishing the rumoured Roses tour dates as seen on this site and elsewhere, the NME has re-written their article exposing the dates as incorrect.
Let’s hope the dates are indeed wrong as some of the venues were very unpopular choices with the fans.
Any inside info on tour dates or otherwise can be sent to: [email protected]
After the huge success of the Roses come back Heaton Park gigs, it will be no surprise to hear that a full tour is planned.
So for all you disappointed fans who missed out on the ticket rush, here are the strongly rumoured but unconfirmed tour dates:
- Fri 29 June Heaton Park, Manchester
- Sat 30 June Heaton Park, Manchester
- Sun 1 July Heaton Park, Manchester
- Thu 5 July Echo Arena, Liverpool
- Sat 7 July O2 Arena, London
- Sun 8 July O2 Arena, London
- Wed 11 July SECC, Glasgow
- Fri 13 July Slane Castle, Ireland
- Sat 14 July Botanic Gardens, Belfast
- Mon 16 July iTunes Festival, London
- Fri 20 July Espacio Movistar, Barcelona, Spain
- Sat 21 July Palacio de Deportes, Madrid, Spain
- Mon 23 July Palais Omnisports de Paris-Bercy, Paris, France
- Wed 25 July Futurshow Station, Bologna, Italy
- Thur 26 July Datch Forum, Milan, Italy
- Sat 28 July O2 World, Berlin, Germany
- Sun 29 July Color Line Arena, Hamburg, Germany
- Tue 2 Aug Globe Arena, Stockholm, Sweden
- Wed 3 Aug Spektrum, Oslo, Norway
The Stone Roses tickets for Heaton Park shows sold out in 68 minutes.
The first two gigs sold out within 14 minutes of going on sale today with all 150,000 tickets being snapped up. The band then added a third date on which sold out less than an hour later.
Despite the crazy numbers there’s still many disappointed fans out there.
How was it for you?