A series of 7 inch and digital download singles are being released in the run up to the album re-release.
The series will kick off on 6 July with Elephant Stone. It will be backed with The Hardest Thing In The World as a b-side. The digital download versions will also feature an additional bonus track, with ‘Untitled 1’ the first ‘new’ track.
The series will run to 5 singles, all of which will come with a 7 inch art print. A numbered collectors’ box will also be available to house them.
Full details have been published about the special editions of The Stone Roses debut album, released to mark it’s 2oth anniversary.
On 10th August Sony Music re-release the classic album in 3 new formats.
Special Edition (1CD)
Re-mastered original album plus bonus track Fool’s Gold 9:53 (full length version)
BUY: The Stone Roses - The Special Edition
Legacy Edition (2CD & DVD)
- Re-mastered original album, The Lost Demos album + live in Blackpool DVD
- Deluxe slipcase, hard-backed book packaging 28-page booklet including comments from Ian Brown, Reni, Mani, John Leckie, liner notes by John Robb + previously unseen photos of the band
BUY: The Stone Roses - Legacy Edition
Collector’s Edition (3CD, 3LP,DVD, USB, Book, 6 Art Prints)
- A super deluxe 12″ album folder, slipcased with embossing and gold foil.
- Wrapped in classic John Squire artwork throughout.
- Includes the re-mastered album, re-mastered Extras (including all AA’s and B Sides) PLUS album of lost demos (including one previously unheard track, Pearl Bastard)
- 3 x 180 gsm heavyweight vinyls.
- DVD of the legendary Blackpool gig from 1989, plus 6 promo videos
- Lemon shaped USB containing all audio, previously unseen John Leckie home video footage of the recording of Fools Gold, promo videos, ringtones, wallpapers AND 5 previously unheard ‘Backwards’ tracks.
- 48-page bound book, crammed full of unseen photos and brand new notes from the band, John Leckie, those involved 20 years ago and high profile fans of the album telling their stories of it, including Noel Gallagher, Mark Ronson, Tim Burgess, Bobby Gillespie and many more.
- 6 x 12″ John Squire single art prints of I Wanna Be Adored, She Bangs The Drums, Elephant Stone, Fools Gold, I Am The Resurrection & Made Of Stone
BUY: The Stone Roses – Collector’s Edition
The Mirror newspaper is claiming today (March 17) that the The Stone Roses are planning to reform later this year. The speculative reports seem to contradict previous commitments some ex-band members have for this year.
John Squire will be staging a major art exhibition this summer and Ian Brown is currently recording his next solo album. The report also suggests that the band may play the Coachella Festival, which is only one month away.